Sunday, November 17, 2013
Antigone
So far in Antigone the novel has been very interesting. Antigone feels awful that King Creon will not let her bury her brother that went against his army. She does not find it right that one brother gets a proper burial while the other is just left to be eaten by birds. She wants to disobey King Creons demands and do what she thinks is right. I agree with Antigone, even though her brother may have gone against the King in war it is not right to just not bury him. He deserves a proper burial. On the other hand, Ismene, Antigones sister wants to follow the law and not bury her brother. She does not want to get in trouble for going against the law. This gets Antigone very angry, I understand that Ismene does not want to go against the law but it is her brother and she should give him a proper burial in my view. Overall, I really enjoy the Play, it is different and it is interesting to learn about the gods and goddesses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment