Sunday, February 23, 2014

Escape from Reality

Every night
When I put my head down
and close my eyes,
I am transported
to a parallel universe
where there are no worries.

            I am in a world
            Where there is no need to fear
            or stress
            or cry
            but rather to smile
            and laugh
            and be free.

                   But little did I know
                   That these feelings were only temporary
                   and all of those worries
                   and stresses
                   and tears
                   would reappear
                   when I opened my eyes again.

                                Every day
                                When I lift my head up
                                and open my eyes
                                I am exposed
                                to reality
                                where there is no confidence.

                                       I am in a world
                                       where there is no need to smile
                                       or laugh
                                       or feel free
                                       but rather to be afraid
                                       and stressed
                                       and upset.

                                              But little did I know
                                              That these feelings were only temporary
                                               and all of the smiling
                                               and laughter
                                               and freedom
                                               would reappear
                                               when I closed my eyes again.

No comments: