Normality
What purpose does it serve, being normal?
When one can have so much more fun,
Being just a bit more unusual?
Why is there such a fixation,
on brandishing such uniformity? 5
I find it quite ironic,
How ignorance
Has become the universal status quo,
How arrogance and deception,
Lies and redemption, 10
Have gained such great a tolerance.
Why ever bother to fit in with a crowd,
If few to no interests are even shared?
What purpose is there fighting for an imaginary crown?
Why not try to define yourself, 15
and not let others try to define you?
I find it quite ironic,
How self-esteem
Is threatened by ultimately trivial values,
How the desire for appeal of a group’s mind 20
Has become such a bind,
That one would gladly sacrifice dignity for group-esteem.
Why be confined to uniformity,
Why give up your personality,
Why conform to drone mentality, 25
Why surrender your reality?
I’d like to know what happened to originality.
Brad Edwards
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Thanks,
~B.E
dD datadyne
No comments:
Post a Comment