Poetryyy by gani
Storm birds
Birds are smart and even clean,
They stuff themselves until they're nice and lean.
A storms a coming, and they are keen
and can sense the rain coming in between,
They flock together and flee together, for the rain is comming,
they dont want to be stuck in the rain
and suffer all that pain.
They take two seconds to run
and take all the time they need,
they are birds are their senses are keen,
they are gone before the rain and feel no pain
for they are birds and won't get washed up in the rain.
The storm is over and the sun comes up
and there are all the birds making a fuss.
Oh wait thats not a fuss, thats the beautiful chirping and burping
of the birds pecking on the plump worms,
filling themselves until they're
nice and lean.
Analysis:
What inspired me to write this poem is first of all I knew that I wanted to talk about about something in nature. Then I thought I want to talk about something that is strong and has to survive outside in the rain, sun, and snow. So I chose to write about birds, they go through harsh climates but after it rains and the sun comes up you hear happy chirps all around. What trouble I had creating this poem was to keep the rhyme consistent and when it changes I made sure that the rhythm was still easy to follow. In this poem I made it mainly about rhythm and repetition with assonance to give it that flow. I wrote "They flock together and flee together" (line 5) not only to show that they are intelligent creatures but also for the structure of the poem with the repetition of flock together and flee together. I also repeated line 2 "They stuff themselves until they're nice and lean." in the last line in the poem. Before a storm on a normal day all birds do is try to find food and just fly around looking for crumbs or whatever they can find. But after it's done raining they have a feast of worms that have risen up from the ground and once again will fill themselves until they're nice and lean. ", Thats the beautiful chirping and burping of the birds pecking on the plump worms." (Last sentence) That part of the poem is a real "lip mover" and you can put emphasis on all of those words. And what I mean by the birds being smart is that they can sense changes in pressure and always take cover before the storm comes and are the first ones to come out and help themselves to what is has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment