Monday, February 24, 2014

The Earth's End- Gavin Butler

Fire and Ice- Robert Frost
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
 
The Earth’s End- Gavin Butler

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
I say the world will end by its own creation,
Its own flesh in blood will ground its insides,
Hollowing it from the inside out,
Its gift will scrape away at its flesh,
Tearing away millions of years of progress,
Praying, praying for an answer, only heard by few,
They stand up, but are shut down.
So who will be the world’s savior?
For without a savior, the world will be muted and blinded,
And if it cannot speak, it cannot give back, leveling plains, raising oceans, pulling wind,
And if it is blinded, it cannot see,
If it cannot see, the world is helpless,
For it, as its creations do to it, feed off them,
Their death is its birth,
So who will be the world’s savior?
That is up to you to decide.
For some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice,
But only can its creation be its end.
Whether it is in fire or ice,
Its end will be its chance at life.
 

No comments: