Sunday, October 6, 2013
TKAM Chapters 22-25
There was a huge variety of things that could be written about these chapters, and many things did happen. When Atticus was spat on by Mr. Ewell and threatened I feel like that's going to be brought up later on in the book. Something that struck me in the book was when Jem says that maybe because of the different types of people that's what Boo Radley wants to say inside. I took that and thought and thought that to a child Boo is seen as a monster of a legend, but to adults he is seen as a normal man. But when you finally start growing up you still see the good an the bad in the world and that's how Jem sees it. She basically says if everything I see is like this then I wouldn't want to be in a world like this. I love not only how this book is taken in so many perspectives but how these perspectives can make you see things in a completely different light. And when Atticus said " if the jury was a bunch of boys like you Tom Robinson would be a free man." Taking a perspective of a fresh mind in a brutal word could bring out truth and justice when needed. Now one of the biggest climaxes in this book happened in these chapters. Tom Robinson's death , now it can be depicted in many ways. From the barbaric way he was shot 17 times to Miss Stephanie Crawford's gossip. But I thought Mr. Underwood's article said it all "he linked Toms death to the senseless slaughter of songbirds by hunters and children..." And it was the most accurate, simplistic and honest truth of his death. So sad, so harsh but so uncared for and unseen by everyone else. It was played out as a every day ordeal in a town like Maycomb County. But so crewel to see happen.
Labels:
Lindita
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment