Sunday, October 6, 2013

To Kill A Mockingbird: Chapters 22-25

•Chapter 22: Did Bob Ewell send Atticus a death threat???
•Chapter 23: Why would Bob send Atticus a death threat if he so called won the case? Besides, it's not like Atticus had a choice whether or not to defend Tom Robinson. He was assigned to defend him so why is Mr. Ewell so worked up about it? It's not possible for there to have been more than one witness for "Mayella's rape" because only Bob Ewell saw it.. didn't he? I agree with Jem when he says that in court, the judge should be the one to decide whether someone is guilty or not. Also, it is highly unfair that the Ewell's won just because they were white and Tom was black. Although, I do find it amusing on page 221 where it says, "I doubt we'd ever get a complete case tried-the ladies'd be interrupting to ask questions." What's an acquittal? And I don't like how Aunt Alexandria is acting towards Scout and Walter. Let me say, if I was in Scout's shoes, and my mean aunt came over then I would be grounded.. A LOT. Finally, another mention of Boo Radley. Last page of the chapter..

No comments: