Thursday, September 26, 2013
Chapters 20-22
This is the first time I've seen anyone in the story bring up the segregation of blacks and whites straight up. Atticus says that he has enough evidence to show there was no chance if any that a rape had ever happened between Mayella and Tom Robinson. Even though he has all of the evidence to show otherwise he says that a white mans word always overrules a black mans which he knows to be wrong but can do nothing about and that is what he is worrying about in the trial. I think that talking about this segregation in class really allowed this part of the story to stand out. If this was written and read earlier in the 1900's then there would be a different outcome to peoples understanding but since we are still reading it nowadays there's a million different takes on this story and I don't see as how anyone could ever let this stuff happen but segregation will never fully disperse, we could only hope I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment