Thursday, September 26, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird Chapter 21, 22.
I think one of the major problems I had while reading this book is forgetting that people will defend their beliefs to the death, and that when people see something that opposes their belief, they home in on like a swarm of some sort of deadly insect that kills in large swarms. It's like that today, and it was back in the time period this book was written, but I keep forgetting that. The verdict for Tom Robinson's case was what really shook that into me, driving the nail straight into the coffin and putting it a few feet underneath it. As for chapter 22, I am not really surprised by what is about to happen. Bob Ewell was a stupid, misguided man. He thought all Atticus was trying to do was to make him look bad, and he would do all it took to regain his honor, since honor was all he had in the world. What did surprise me was the town's reaction to it, some people were actually excited to see what happened, which was shocking to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment