Sunday, September 29, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird Ch 17-19
I thought these chapters are very interesting. I enjoyed seeing how the trail worked and how there was much innocence shown because Scout, Jem, and Dill watched it. This innocence was shown through Dill crying at the end because Mr. Glimer was being too harsh on Tom Robinson and it scared and upset him. I thought this showed that a hatred towards a person is learned not hereditary. I also enjoyed seeing how smart and how much thought Atticus put into his job. He knew that Tom was a cripple in his left hand and that Bob Ewell was left handed and he pieced together the fact that Mayella was beat on the right side of her face to show that it was Bob, not Tom, who hit Mayella because a right handed hot would go to the left side of the face and a left handed hit would go the the right side of the face. So I enjoyed this a lot because it is one big puzzle that Atticus figured out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment