Wednesday, September 25, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird Chapters 2-3
Something that caught my attention in these chapters was when the Cunningham boy got sick supposedly from eating the Radley's nuts. Miss Caroline was also introduced in these chapters and it is noticeable that Scout and her don't necessarily get along. She even slaps Scouts hand with a ruler when she politely tries to explain that the Cunningham family is very poor and will be unable to pay her back when she offers the boy a quarter to buy lunch. I assume Miss Caroline doesn't understand this because she has more money than the typical family in Maycomb. Burris Ewell was another character introduced to the reader in chapter 3 when Miss Caroline discovers a "cootie" crawl out of his hair. You can tell that his family is also very poor due to the lack of showers we can assume Burris takes. I find him very suspicious and I wonder what his role will be throughout the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment