Chapter 16: During this chapter Aunt Alexandra talks more about Calpurnia as if she is not considered family. She also aggrivates Atticus by disaproving Scouts behavior. Throught this chapter we learn more about the trial and what the future chapters behold. I think that the judge is going to pick fairely and give Tom an equal chance to clear his name as he would do with a white person. However, being that he is considered a casual guy he might leave it up to the jury to decide, resulting in Tom Robinson being guilty.
Chapter 17: Throught the trial Atticus tries to trick Mayellas father into confessing that he was infact the one who beat her, not Tom Robinson. I think that Mayella is being threated to not say anything and go along with her fathers story. Being that he got extremely angry and defensive when he was being accused I think that he is going to be the one who hurts Atticus.
No comments:
Post a Comment