Thursday, September 26, 2013
TKAM chapters 15-16
These two chapters are one of my favorites. There is a lot of suspense. I don't understand how scout could be so oblivious to the fact those men weren't there to sit down and have a talk. This is an example of an unreliable narrator. Also, why is Jem acting up so much? Why does he want to be a man? In that day, that meant taking on extreme responsibilities. I would not want that. I am surprised that Scouts innocent yet convincing talk to Mr. Cunningham sparked some kindness in those men. A child, 8 years old, stopped a mob hit. I would personally be scared to death. Also, Dill is becoming more and more a part of Scouts life. Jem is trying to be an adult more and more. Lastly, I'm surprised, well a little, that even the kids are a little prejudice towards the half black half white kids. They're human right? So what's the big deal?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment