Sunday, September 22, 2013
TKAMB: 12&13&14
Jem is now in middle school and is now "grown up" . Atticus is away and calpurna their cook takes them to her church for the day. They went to a black church and quickly notice thedifferences. I found it shocking that most people were okay with the white kids at the church. I also found it rude that they got locked in until they gathered $10. then scout asks calpurna what rape is and she won't explain it. They ask calpurna if they can visit her. She says yes. Aunt Alexandra comes again in hopes of making scout more feminine. Jem and scout still don't get along with her. She still talks about family pride and "streaks". Atticus then tells them a story and they start to cry. Alexandra then backs off. Atticus explains fk scout what rape is but I'm still not sure she understands it because if I hadn't known what it meant that definition would not have cleared things up for me. Scout then sees Dill in her home, he had run away scout and him talked in her bed. Awkward😮
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment