Sunday, September 29, 2013
TKAM Chapters 17-19
From everything that happened in these chapters I am going to try and rack my brain around everything that happened. First off I want to just say not only is Atticus a sly genius, but a incredible defense attorney. When prosecuting Mr. Edwell and he's daughter Mayella his certainty and keen senses made for an outstanding job on his behalf for getting the truth out. Not only was the evidence of Mr. Edwell beating his daughter so visible but when Tom Robinson clearly stated that Mayella informed him that she had been raped and beaten by her father. It's plain as day that the whole unjust treatment of racial prejudice and want for power is so brought up in these chapters. When Scout was talking about the Edwells cast in the town and how Mayella was not fit for a black or white person I thought of this quote. "she said he took advantage of her, but when she stood up she looked at him as if he were the dirt beneath her feet." The want for power an the struggles that people go though, and make others go through is disgusting. The way people were brought to there unjust justice is downright repulsive and just like Dill said "I don't care one speck. It ain't right, somehow it ain't right to do 'em that way." I feel completely the same. So I hope that deep down even if I know that it could possibly never happen. I hope that Tom Robinson gets what he deserves freedom. Mayella gets a friend and isn't as lonely as Boo, and Mr. Edwell gets brought to justice because mockingbirds like Tom, Mayella and Boo really need the freedom they deserve.
Labels:
Lindita
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment