Thursday, September 19, 2013

To kill a Mockingbird 15-17

I loved how near the ending of chapter 15 when Scout out of no where tried to start a conversation with Mr. Cunningham and she seemed completely oblivious to what was actually going on. Another thing that I liked reading was in chapter 16 when Atticus stated, "So it took an eight year old child to bring 'em to their senses,didn't it? That proves something-that a gang of wild animals can be stopped, simply because they're still human". I thought that that is another important line in the book. Also, after reading chapter 17 I feel that Atticus is going to prove everyone wrong, that Tom Robinson didnt do anything to the girl. You can tell that he is a good lawyer because he asks a ton if questions and attempts to prove his points by doing things that the jury wouldnt automatically expect. Like for example when he asked Mr. Ewell if he can read and write, I fell like that example is going to come back around again when Tom takes the stand. 

No comments: