Sunday, September 22, 2013
To Kill A Mockingbird Chapters 12,13,14
In these chapters Scout has to deal with Jem maturing. He is now getting embarassed to be seen with her. In my opinion this is usual for children their age because they go through the stage where they want to be more independent. Jem wants to do more things on his own. Another important event that happened in this chapter is Jem and Scout going to Calpurnia's chuch. I love this scene because even though Calpurnia knows how everyone is going to look at the kids she has them face everything. Calpurnia really teaches the children how to face people who are disrespectful and rude. Calpurnia also stands up for the children as well. Aunt Alexandra also comes to Maycomb and comes right in bossing everyone which is rude. I am not a big fan of her she tells Atticus how to raise his children and just wants the family name to sound good. She wants the kids to act proper and Atticus to drop the trial. Dill also comes back which I also was happy about. I love the relationship between Dill and Scout it is adorable. He always loves to get involved with the Radleys so I am excited to see what happens in the next chapters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment