Thursday, September 5, 2013
To kill a Mocking Bird Chapters 2&3
These chapters really explained the life in the south very well I enjoyed the imagery, especially about Scout's school. The way Jem treated Scout seemed to be almost modern like because that's how siblings treat each other today. For example how he said to Scout to not bother him is a very relevant part of today's society. I thought though that Miss Caroline was being rude saying Scout shouldn't learn more. I also liked Calpurnia in chapter three because she acted like a mother figure to Scout and Jem because she was always correcting Scout on how to behave. I enjoyed how it explained people an their family like the Ewells who are poor. Overall even though I thought these chapters were almost uneventful there was plenty of description that allowed me to read it easily and enjoy the book as it progresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment