Friday, September 13, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird: Chapter 10, 11

First of all, for chapter 10, I now know why this book is called  "To Kill a Mockingbird." That aside, I believe that the reason why Scout doesn't realize all the things his father can do is because she is so used to it. All the things he can do are normal to her, which is part of her being an unreliable narrator. As I read further and further on, it's easier to see where Scout is unreliable, and it's easier to read the book because of it. As for the second half of the chapter, it's different to see Jem having this much understanding of a situation, although the main issue with why it hasn't been shown before is probably due to Scout's unreliable narration more than anything. As for chapter 11, I didn't really pick up on it too well. The general premises of it is fine within my head, but the deeper literary elements in it just seemed to go over my head.

No comments: