Tuesday, September 17, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird Chapters 12-14

I have always hated it when someone I barely know and/or dislike tries to change my way of life.  Usually I can brush them off easily enough, but Scout's situation is a bit different.  Her aunt Alexandra is staying at their house to watch them while Atticus works on the court case, but her intentions of her stay are varied from Atticus'.  Alexandra has always disagreed with her brother's ideas of raising children, and she wants to make Scout more "lady-like".  Scout has disliked her for as long as she has known her aunt, and she has not been respecting her as a parent figure.  I can completely understand her ways of thinking, but back then, it was expected of people to act a certain way.  Scout's way of life is different from the norm, and she will keep it as long as she can.

No comments: