Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The first chapters of this book I found intriguing over anything. I thought it was very confusing yet interesting how there are three point of views as you read on. There is the view from modern day, the view from the 1960s when she wrote the book, and the 1930s view. I was just about ready to stop reading after the first few pages (the density of the writing) but as I kept reading I found it started to flow and become more easy to read as you adapt to her style of writing. Overall, I like the book a lot more than I expected when I go to read a "classic". I find it interesting how the narrator is made out to be a young child although talks as if she's older. Which also adds onto the effect of having three perspectives on reading the book. The one where segregation is okay, the one where civil rights are on the edge of changing, and the one where everything has changed and segregation sounds terrible. I look forward to reading on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment