Wednesday, September 4, 2013
TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD
The first chapter of this story didn't really have me into the book as most stories would, but as I got into the first 3 chapters I really got a grip on earlier time periods such as the 1930's. People didn't exactly have set in stone rules, a lot of people went by there own rule book and as Scout and Jem learned, life wasn't always what it seemed and back then really represented that well, not as in it is good but in how the world has changed and there still isn't segregation. The negroes wouldn't walk exactly by The Radley residence they would walk off the beaten path just to get home, would people do that nowadays? Not all of the time but it still happens and I think that really goes to show something, and that this books connects well to our present time and our upcoming future as a society that is supposedly in unity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment