Monday, September 16, 2013

TKAM: 12-14

I found it interesting how it was such a big deal when Calpurnia brought Jem and Scout to her church. The whole church scene really showed the separation of blacks and whites in this time period. They both worshiped in different ways and I can tell that Scout didn't really understand this. Also, I have a feeling that Aunt Alexandra is going to try and become a mother figure to Jem and Scout and, judging from what she said in these chapters, will try to take Calpurnia's place. Once she came to the house I had a feeling that I wouldn't really like her as a character and now that I read these chapters I am not a fan of her character. I am also very interested in Dill's character because he's been through a lot and I really want to hear more about him. I also think it is adorable that him and Scout have a little romance going on.

No comments: