Monday, September 16, 2013

TKAM Chapt. 12/13/14

Tom Robinson had been accused of rape, we talked about it in class. Is he really guilty or is he being convicted because of his race? Well I think this situation, even though legal segregation had ended, is getting very out of hand. Because of Tom Robinson being accused of rape not even his wife is able to get a job and fund the household which Jem and Scout soon find, forces her church to make gatherings for her so she can pay for things like food and a roof over her head. I don't know if I'm the only one seeing it this way but I can't possibly be... she's being treated because of what her husband may or may not have done, something that does not involve her whatsoever which I quite honestly do not under but sure isn't right. I know no jobs have to hire anyone that they don't like just as long as they don't show it in the interview but we all know they're basing it off of her husbands action and that is pretty bad.

No comments: