Monday, September 16, 2013

TKAM Chapters 12,13,14

Chapter 12: In this chapter Calpurnia makes a big deal out of how the children's appearances for church. While at church it shows the segregation between whites and african americans. The only reason Jem and Scoutt seemed welcomed is because their father had taken Tom Robinson's case. I feel that Aunt Alexandra is there only because she doesn't trust Calpurnia with the kids while Atticus is gone. Which  might bring out her racism, something that Scout will not come to understand 
Chapter 13: In this chapter it seems as if Aunt Alexandra is trying to take over. She did not like how Atticus was taking care of Jem and Scout so she took matters into her own hands. I predict that something is going to happen between Calpurnia and Alexandra. Due to Calpurnias absence in this chapter I feel as if Alexandra is taking over Calpurnias spot as a mother figure.
Chapter 14: Aunt Alexandra doesn't seem to fond of Calpurnia and even though Atticus has been following her wishes he puts his foot down on this one. Calpurnia is family to him and the children, he's not going to make her leave. Also trouble from the jury starts to arise. People are starting to notice Scott and Jem and how their father is defending an African American and do not say pleasing things about it. It doesn't seem to bother Scout because she simply does not understand. I predict that as it gets worse Scout will come to terms with reality. 

No comments: