Wednesday, September 4, 2013
To Kill A Mockingbird Ch. 1, 2, &3
Having read the book before I was spared the discouragement of the first three chapters. I remember dreading reading the rest of the book having just started it, but reading these chapters has reminded me of how good of a book it is. I think this section of the book is used largely to introduce the reader to some key characters and family's. Scout is beginning school in these chapters, and during scouts first day of school we discover her necessity for reading, as well as the background for some family's, including the Ewells and Cunninghams. I think scouts detailed knowledge of these family's is used to illustrate just how small of a county Maycomb is supposed to be. I'm excited to see how I perceive the book second time around with my different perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment