Wednesday, September 4, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird
Before even getting into the second chapter, I was already "in" the book. In most cases, you have to read a few chapters in before you start to really understand the characters and get that feeling of being right there with them. Harper Lee, however, gets you deeply involved right off the bat. Not only with the characters either, but with the setting as well. Although I have never had the everyday life living in the 1930's described to me before her, I do believe she would do the best job. I can picture myself walking down those old dirt roads and visualizing the scenery that those children saw everyday as "normal". Despite some minor confusions with characters, I already feel involved enough in this book to want to keep reading more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment