Wednesday, September 4, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird ch. 1

Chapter one discusses most of the main characters. Right away, you can tell the main character, though portraying a child, is much older, wiser and smarter than she should be. She has a brother, Jem. Jem seems witty, but not always brilliant. Next, it brings us to Dill. Dill is a young fatherless boy who stirs up trouble. Because Dill is so curious, it begins to discuss Boo Radley. He is an old man and supposedly eats animals alive, but nobody really knows. 
You can tell in this time period there is serration and prejudice exists. They have a Chef who is black named Calpurina. It is obvious in the time period, dark colored people were still treated almost as slaves. 
I am curious about Boo Radley and Dill. They are both curious characters who make me wonder what they have to do with all of this, her brother breaking his arm. I want to know more about the two and their meaning. 
I am slightly confused because of the sophisticated language, but other than that it is a good book.

No comments: