Monday, September 9, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird, Ch4,5,6
My opinion of chapter 4 is consistent with my view of the book, I don't like the narrator, as she's easily manipulated by her brother, Jem, who feeds her misinformation, although I understand it more now that it's been discussed in class. It's just normal brotherly behavior to do it, and the narrator doesn't know better despite her use of intelligent language: She's still just a kid. In chapter 5, the narrator, at least in my opinion, became more bearable, straying away from Jem and Dill, as well as learning a bit more about how the world functions. Also, Miss Maudie opinion on religions, and how more people think about their next life than their life right now, describes perfectly how I feel about religions: I don't want to stress about the small things that'll net me a future I can't even be sure about. That aside, my impression of Atticus so far is that he's the most reasonable person in the book, minding his own business and letting others mind theirs. Also, I'm disliking Jem a lot more, now. His behavior is becoming more dominant, which annoys me. I'm also confused about why Scout is so annoyed by being called a girl, when she is a girl. As for chapter 6, as soon as I read that they were gonna sneak into the Radley household, I knew that was going to happen. Also, apparently winning a pair of pants in a game of strip poker is a better excuse than admitting that you lost it going under a fence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment