Tuesday, September 10, 2013
To Kill a Mockingbird: Chapter 6
In Chapter 6, Dill wants to go to the Radley house again to see if he can see Boo Radley. He brings along Scout and Jem as well. After Atticus gives Dill, Scout, and Jem the speech about not going to bother Boo, they still continue to disrespect him. They even lie to him as well by saying they are going to Miss Rachel's pond but instead take a walk to the Radley house. I don't understand why they would disobey and lie to their father after everything he has provided for them. Scout and Jem should listen to what their father has to say for their own safety. They also lie to Atticus about what happened to Jem's shorts. Dill said he took them for playing poker while Jem actually lost them from crawling under the fence. I like how in the end of the chapter Scout and Jem finally come to an agreement on something. Jem agrees with Scout and says, We shouldn' a done that tonighty. Scout." I like this because throughout the few chapters when Dill has been around, Scout has been left out of many things he does with Jem so I think it is nice that Jem and Scout get their brotherly and sisterly bond back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment