Sunday, September 8, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird Chapters 4&5

While reading these chapters I learned more about how racist this little town is. Not only upon seeing the vulgar language used, but also the sexist comments made about Scout. When her older brother Jem told he to "stop being a girl" struck me the wrong way, also it is showing how biased and one sided thugs were back then. I absolute loved Scouts little chat with Miss Maudie not only about Boo Radley, but about how  Mr. Radley family was "a foot-washing Baptist" and how that would play in later on about finding why Boo was kept in the house for so lone. This whole one sided religion aspect will play in a lot with judicial things later on in the story I can tell from now. Racial and sexist profiling will not only contribute but also set the tone and show how scout will Perceive what will happen later on in the book. 

No comments: