Thursday, September 12, 2013

TKAM 10-11

In these chapters, I found it surprising that Atticus kept it a secret that he was such a marksman from his kids. But I can see where he is coming from and I feel like it tells a lot about his character. It shows that he doesn't want to boast about having an unfair advantage over the animals if he hunts them meaning he is a reasonable man. Also, on page 90 Atticus says that it is a sin to kill a mockingbird. I think this could be foreshadowing to a greater scene in the book., perhaps the case with Tom Robinson. I also though it was really absurd of Jem to go berserk on Miss Dubose, but I was glad to see that he stayed committed to his deal with her and read to her everyday. I predict that this will also play a greater role later in the book.

No comments: