Thursday, September 12, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird: 10 & 11

I really am curious as to how the title "to kill a mockingbird" will apply to the story. When the phrase came up in chapter 10, I suddenly became curious as to what would happen next in relation to the title. Also, I thought that the whole thing with Mrs. Dubose was very interesting. I found it strange how the punishment for Jem ruining her yard was for him to read to her every day for a month. I thought that she would really yell at him and would punish him with something that required more labor. I also liked how Jem said that her house was creepy and Atticus said in response, "pretend you're in the Radley house". I thought that was both funny and interesting. Although some parts of chapter 11 were confusing to me, I still thought that the situation with Mrs. Dubose was very interesting. I wonder what part two will bring because i honestly have no idea what direction this story is going in.

No comments: