Thursday, September 12, 2013

To Kill a mockingbird 10 11

In Chapters 10 and 11 I found it funny when Jem thought Atticus was old and couldn't do anything. Then he finds out when he shoots the dog that he was an amazing shooter and Atticus never told Jem or Scout about it. I wonder why he never told scout or Jem this. Another part in chapter 11 I liked was when Jem goes to read to Mrs. Dubose every Saturday. I thought Atticus was being a good parent by making Jem go and read. I liked the way he used his parting skills there. It was clever of her when she died to leave Jem a candy box with a perfect camellia in it. I felt it was rude of Jem however to throw the box into the fire. I liked part one of the book and how the part ended with "Atticus was reading the paper". I thought that said something about his patterning skills as Jem threw the boxes into the fire.

No comments: