Wednesday, September 4, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird Chapter 1

 far To Kill a Mockingbird Is a very interesting book. The character of Boo Radley seems to be a huge question that I'm hoping to get answers to. Scouts style of writing is dramatic and I figured when she is reflecting upon her childhood and doesn't understand something she extends her vocabulary using complex words to possibly trick the reader into thinking she's smarter and understands. A quote I found "Maycomb Country had recently been told that is had nothing to fear but fear it's self." I don't quite understand it yet and I'm hoping that it will help play out later on in the book. Also in the book we meet a whole bunch of characters like Atticus the young girls father, who she calls by his first name which I don't understand. Dill an outlandish young summer neighbor. And Calpurina a house worker who is what I think an Africa American and is basically a nanny. I would like to see the story unravel and also find out more about the mysterious Radley family. 

No comments: