Thursday, September 5, 2013
To Kill A Mockingbird: Chapters 2 and 3
In Chapters 2 and 3, I found that the style of life in the 1930s was very different compared to the way we live now. It was interesting to learn about the schooling. Miss Caroline seems like a snotty character who does not know much about style of living in Maycomb. She does not understand the Elwells or the Cunninghams. She has a difficult time to see that Walter Cunningham does not accept anything he can not give back. Also, she is very rude to Scout. I do not understand why she will not let Scout read high leveled articles and reading books. Isn't it better if a student is learning and is advanced in what they are doing?? I don't feel like she had to do that. Also in this chapter you can really see the role that Calpurnia plays. She acts as Jem's and Scout's mother, she makes them their meals and teaches them the right behavior. For an example when Walter Cunningham ate over their house she talked to Scout about being polite to Walter. Overall, I really like the novel, I like how we were able to understand the way of life better in chapters 2 and 3.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment